Rosary in Print - English
Please include the Holy Father and all his Priests and Nuns in your prayers
Prayer for Our Holy Father the Pope
O God, I pray for the intentions of the Pope. I ask You to grant him the ability to write well and to speak well so that he might lead Your people well. Grant him the gifts of faith, hope, love, charity, chastity, kindness, wisdom, patience, generosity, courage, strength, humility, obedience, conversion, repentance, joy, justice, prudence, perseverance, honesty but most of all that he may be lead away from all heresy and all immorality such that he might unite Your church and be with You one day in Heaven. Amen
Prayers of the Rosary
Sign Of The Cross In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
The Apostles Creed I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting, Amen.
Say an Our Father and three Hail Marys for an increase in the Virtues of Faith, Hope, and Charity Then begin the First Mystery through the Fifth with one Our Father and Ten Hail Marys.
The Our Father Our Father, who art in Heaven; hallowed by Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. Amen
The Hail Mary Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen
After each decade say the Glory Be and the following prayer requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima: "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy."
The Glory Be Glory be to the Father, to the Son and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end, Amen.
O My Jesus O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of your Mercy. Amen.
- The 5 Joyful Mysteries (Said on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- The Annunciation: The Angel Gabriel announces the birth of Jesus.
- The Visitation: Mary greets Elizabeth and the babe (St. John the Baptist) jumps for joy in her womb.
- The Nativity: Jesus is born in the manger.
- The Presentation: Joseph and Mary present Jesus at the altar.
- The Finding of the Child Jesus: Joseph and Mary find Jesus in the Temple thee days after losing Him.
- The 5 Sorrowful Mysteries (Said on Tuesdays and Fridays)
- The Agony in the Garden: Jesus contemplates the sins of the world.
- The Scourging: Jesus is scourged by the Roman soldiers.
- The Crowning of thorns: A crown of thorns is placed on the head of Jesus.
- The carrying of the Cross: Jesus carries the Cross up Mount Calvary.
- The crucifixion: Jesus is nailed to the Cross where He hangs until He dies.
- The 5 Glorious Mysteries (Said on Wednesdays and Sundays)
- The Resurection: Jesus rises from the dead.
- The Ascension: Jesus ascends into Heaven where He is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- The Descent of the Holy Ghost: The Holy Ghost descends upon Mary and the Apostles.
- The Assumption of Our Lady: Mary is gloriously assumed body and soul into Heaven.
- The Coronation of Our Lady: Mary is gloriously crowned Queen of Heaven and Earth.
Prayers after the Five Mysteries:
HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
V. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God. R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray. O GOD, who’s only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into Hell satan, and all the evil spirits who prowl about the World seeking the ruin of souls.
The Memorare of St. Bernard:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee I come; before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.
Prayer to Saint Joseph
To thee, O blessed Joseph, do we have recourse in our tribulation, and, having implored the help of thy thrice-holy Spouse, we confidently invoke thy patronage also. By that charity wherewith thou wast united to the Immaculate Virgin Mother of God, and by that fatherly affection with which thou didst embrace the Child Jesus, we beseech thee and we humbly pray, that thou wouldst look graciously upon the inheritance which Jesus Christ hath purchased by His Blood, and assist us in our needs by thy power and strength. Most watchful guardian of the Holy Family, protect the chosen people of Jesus Christ; keep far from us, most loving father, all blight of error and corruption: mercifully assist us from Heaven, most mighty defender, in this our conflict with the powers of darkness; and, even as of old thou didst rescue the Child Jesus from the supreme peril of His life, so now defend God's Holy Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity; keep us one and all under thy continual protection, that we may be supported by thine example and thine assistance, may be enabled to lead a holy life, die a happy death and come at last to the possession of everlasting blessedness in Heaven. Amen.
Let Us Pray: O God, Whose only-begotten Son, by His life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech You, that meditating upon these Mysteries of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain, and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ, our Lord. Amen.
May the Divine Assistance remain always with us; and may the souls of the Faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
- V. Lord grant us Priests.
- R. Lord grant us Priests.
- V. Lord grant us many Holy Priests.
- R. Lord grant us many Holy Priests.
- V. Lord grant us many Holy Priests and Religious Vocations.
- R. Lord grant us many Holy Priests and Religious Vocations.
- Saint Pius X pray for us.
- Saint Joseph pray for us.
- Saint Juan Diego pray for us.
- Saint Therese the Little Flower, pray for us.
- Saint Anthony of Padua, pray for us.
- Saint Rita, pray for us.